AEM's Engine Position Module (EPM) replaces an engine's distributor and allows for the use of coil-on-plug or wasted-park ignition systems on popular Chevy V8 small blocks and big blocks, Ford small blocks and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series race engines. Installation is simple via a four-wire connection (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal).
AEM's EPM provides precise engine position using dual zero-speed optical sensors, which offers the advantage of immediate signal generation regardless of engine speed. The EPM easily adapts to any positive-drive, half-engine speed device such as a cam or distributor drive, and can be used with any aftermarket engine management system that recognizes the common 24 & 1 pattern for crank and cam signals.
- Bolt-on systems available for all distributed Chevy small block and big block engines, Ford 5.0L small blocks with EFI (1986-93), Ford 351 Windsor, 289 and 302 small block engines, and Honda B-, D-, H-, and F-series race engines
- Very simple four-wire connection for easy installation (12V, ground, crank signal, and cam signal)
- Output signal amplitude and waveform stay constant at all RPM
- Shock absorbing elastomer drive system eliminates potential for ignition timing deviation and protects the EPM from vibration
- 24-tooth crank, 1-tooth cam pattern per engine cycle for accurate timing and easy set up (Pattern available in cam/crank sensor wizard in AEMPro/AEMTuner/InfinityTuner)
- EPM manufactured from 6061 T-6 billet aluminum