V2 Water/Methanol Injection Kit Multi Input (No Tank)
Water/methanol injection for gas engines is a proven means for effectively reducing engine inlet air temperatures and suppressing harmful detonation on forced induction and high performance naturally aspirated race engines. This allows enthusiasts to reliably increase boost and advance ignition timing—without using high-octane racing fuel—for power gains of up to 20%. AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Systems utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol system.
On turbo Diesel applications, water/methanol injection systems reduce air inlet temps and enhance combustion efficiency which allows the engine to deliver more power with less effort. It also offers a host of benefits that promote engine longevity, including the reduction of carbon deposits left by a Diesel’s exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system.
The new controller design features large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the controller housing for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Multi-Input controller has an easy-to-remove plug covering the programming dipswitches and a programming legend on the back for the 0-5v and frequency based settings, an easy to access integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection System wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end and has color-coded wires to ease installation. Both the power and ground wires for the pump are included in the harness which simplifies the wiring process and eliminates any chance of the pump accidentally activating from a short in the system. An additional wire is included for adding an optional on/off solenoid to stop fluid flow when the system is inactive.
- Multi-Input, 0-5v/frequency-based progressive controller design for use with external MAP sensor for forced induction gas or turbo Diesels, or MAF/IDC on high compression NA gas vehicles
- Multi-Input controller features large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test buttons for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, power and ground wires for the pump and additional wire for optional on/off fluid solenoid
- “Boost Safe” failsafe output included
- Internally-bypassed water/methanol injection pump does not cycle on an off and provides quiet, smooth operation. It features robust construction including integral hose fittings, EPDM seals and a Santoprene diaphragm that provides consistent and reliable fluid delivery
- Precision-machined billet-aluminum injector with integral check valve
- Three interchangeable injector nozzles to cover a wide variety of HP levels
- Tank-less system (AEM Part 30-3350 includes 1 gallon tank with integral conductive low-fluid sensor and positive lock connector, AEM Part 30-3351 includes 5 gallon tank with integral conductive low fluid sensor and positive lock connector. Both kits include Multi-Input 05v/frequency based controller for external MAP/MAF/IDC)
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning
Important Safety Notice Regarding Methanol
AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component.
All AEM Water/Methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems.
Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.